Sunday, April 28, 2013

She Sells Seashells...

The Crafing Bee has been to the shore! 

We took a weeklong trip to beautiful Sanibel Island,
Florida which is known as one of the world's top shelling destinations.  Unlike most islands that run parallel to a coast, Sanibel and its sister island, Captiva -- run perpendicular, making it the perfect place for shells to wash up on shore. 


My Sanibel Shell Wreath

If you are looking for a tropical destination, I highly recommend this laid-back island.  The gulf waters are warm, unlike the frigid waters of Maine where we usually dip our toes.

As I was picking up shells, which are literally in piles on the beach, my mind was racing to what crafts I could create once I got home. 

I've done a few things but have many others in mind.  Have you done any shell crafts?  Let me know if you have any ideas!


I love these minis! I'm thinking of a resin jewelry craft. 
More to come!




Driftwood door decoration. 
Shells here are from many different places I have been over the years.




Colorful scallops




We spotted this mailbox when we were out for a bicycle ride.
I love the driftwood flag!
The island has many miles of beautiful bike trails.



More minis.  What to do with these treaures?



 

1 comment:

  1. I use to have a friend that hot glued the mini shells to toothpicks and used them to serve appitizers with. Glad you enjoyed Sanibel Island, use to visit there when I lived by Bradenton. Pretty pretty place.

    ReplyDelete