Friday, February 1, 2013

Loop the Loop

My compulsive crochet craze continues this week with three new things to show you. 

Because many life experiences make me think of a Seinfeld episode, this first project reminds me of Kramer's coffee table book about coffee tables.                                                                 

It's a cup of cocoa coaster for a cup of cocoa.  The pattern was free on the Lily Sugar 'n Cream website.  I thought the instructions were hard to follow, so I did my own thing and it turned out well, it just didn't really look like theirs.  The pattern was meant to be a dishcloth but I put a piece of peel-and-stick cork on the back and, voila, it's a coaster. 
Next I made a square from a book I found on the clearance table at Joann's from the Hip to be Square series.  Instead of making 24 of these for an afghan, I made one and will fashion it into a pillow (yes, my living room is filling up with pillows).   I combined cotton Sugar n' Cream yarn (the sage green and the yellow) with red that was shimmery and silky.  I like the contrast, do you?  (click on any photo to get an up-close look)
 

Lastly, I bought this adorable owl pattern from Etsy.  It's quick and easy. As you can see I haven't sewn on the eyes yet-- I may use a black button to hold them on and they will become the center of the eyes.   I don't know what I will do with it yet.  I may whip up a flock, and sew them onto fleece for a scarf.  Hoot...hoo...who has any other ideas?  



No comments:

Post a Comment